Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pet Sounds (the bird edition)

So yesterday, I featured some of my favorite bird training records. Today, I'll share some snippets of the recordings with you (edited so that you don't go completely bonkers). Enjoy!

First up, Singing Canaries



You might remember from yesterday that this one is singing canaries blended with the pipe organ stylings of Hal Pearl.


Tweet, ain't it?


Next up, Parakeet Training Record (Let Your Parakeet Teach Himself To Talk)
by Hartz Mountain:




Repetitive and seductive!


If utilizing that one, I'd recommend putting your bird in a room on the other side of the house and if you're in an apartment, make sure that your wall sharing neighbors aren't home!

Here is a bit more. The Mister said that the lady sounds just like me in the morning:



Ha! That little parakeet fella at the end sounds like an obscene phone call!

And talk about an overachiever. He must be that bird graduate that they show on the record!




Until next time (good morning! want to eat!)
x's and o's,
Eartha

7 comments:

Miss RM said...

Ha! Oh god, I could not listen to that lady intoning, "Hello. Hello, baybee" more than once! You were brave to record this! I swear I'll wake up with that in my head tomorrow.

Charm and Poise said...

I'm concerned for those who have unhealthy and abnormal parakeets. Don't those birds deserve a chance at learning how to talk, too?

Barbara said...

So, will the bird learn how to say the introduction to the lesson as well? "Start at this next groove..."

Hello. Hello bay bee. Hello. Hello bay bee...

If she has perfect diction, why does she say all of her syllables separately at a pace no one speaks at? I'm so confoozed.

Lisa said...

The training record has "Good morning....good morning...." stuck in my head, oh man. But now I both want that record AND a parakeet. Training a parakeet was never so easy!

Amber Von Felts said...

I found one of these for my friend who has a talking bird. It is pretty weird. All I remember is the voice over guy enunciating really dramatically and saying "Hey bay bee wanta kiss"

Sara In AZ said...

I think I will wake up tomorrow morning feeling very, very hungry.............. :D

amy said...

I do! I do! I want to eat! I want to eat! Cause it's morning! It's morning, right?