Saturday, May 14, 2011

You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Perusing Craigslist today as I often do, my interest was piqued by a free vintage steelcase desk. Upon further inspection, I realized that it just might not be worth my while:

The ad reads: "There is a pile of leftovers from my carport sale that are free to a good home- One large steel desk with chair, one nice white curtain rod (6', maybe?), a pair of counter brackets with countertop, and a few nick-nacks/bric-a-brac on top of the desk. Take what you need or all of it, but stay OUT of my patio, or I WILL shoot you. What I'm giving away is located at the end of the carport, under the mailbox, alongside the blacktop driveway. If it's gone when you get there, that means you were too late. Do not knock, do not call out, and do not go snooping. It's not worth it for you."

Then they give their address and "Thanks, and good luck " as if before you leave to pick up the stuff, you'd better lay your best dress clothes out on the bed for your relatives to take to the funeral home. Wow, this person sounds INTENSE. I love that "Do not call out " part as if the mere sound of another human's voice is going to send them into a hellish rage. That must have been one great yard sale.

Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

10 comments:

miss jille said...

I'd be afraid I'd follow the directions wrong and step on a landmine or something!

Betty2Tone said...

I'm probably stupid, but that just would make me want to go check it out even more. If I actually would go is another matter

Eartha Kitsch said...

miss jille: Ha! I know! It's almost like this person is lying in wait for someone to do something wrong so that he can go off. Creepy time.

Betty2Tone: I've got that curiosity about it too because I think that an interesting story might come out of it! I think I'll just tell myself that I shouldn't because I don't have a truck to haul the desk in. Yeah, that's it. :)

Unknown said...

Wow.

For sure I would send in a Roomba with a mannequin on it just to see if it gets shot down.

This one gets shared on facebook for sure!

frecklewonder said...

incredible. INCREDIBLE! curiosity would have killed this cat. ;)

Eartha Kitsch said...

Tart Deco: Ha! Hey! That's a great plan! Might work as a decoy at least so that the desk can be grabbed. Thanks for sharing!

Frecklewonder: I bet you would have been there in a New York minute seeing what was what!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Brilliant. I'm guessing if one goes into the patio you run the risk of being skewered on a spiky trapdoor, or unleashing a giant boulder, Indiana Jones style.

Miss RM said...

You just know there'll be a gun trained on you at all times! I've never wanted bric-a-brac THAT badly!

Eartha Kitsch said...

Lakota: Ha! I like the way that you think!

Miss RM: God, I know. I bet the minute that you get out of the car, you feel someone watching you!

Anonymous said...

Ha! All of this is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!