Thursday, October 25, 2012

Truly Odd Halloween Costumes

I love Halloween costumes and every year, I can't wait to see what the manufacturers come up with. I wanted to share some of the my latest strange costume finds with you today.



As a vegetarian, I think that this one freaks me out more than it might some people. 


You've also got Whoopie Cushion Man. 




But then there's this version: 


So sad!!  Check out the description:


First off, that's not a whippet and second...seriously??

And in keeping with the "don't pets get a vote?" theme: 


The Katy Perry


The Madonna

I think that we're learning that bras on dogs don't work.

Not nearly as much as sports jerseys do anyway.


Awww!

We all know that zombies are terribly hip these days. There are zombie versions of everything. Including Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz".



Um...whoa. 

Crazy macabre. But it's this that really takes it over the edge:



Poor Toto! He didn't sign up for this!


And now I think I'll show you perhaps the most ill-advised costume that I've ever seen:


Dis-gus-ting. Is it any surprise that this one is on sale before Halloween? Since I'm as barren as an old tool box, I try to keep my nose out of how other people do their parenting - but I'd seriously like to have a long chat with the person who would buy that for their kid. 

In another vein of questionable Halloween costumes, you have those that would most likely only be worn by men who never bring dates to Halloween parties. Like this one: 


Yes, I know. They're showing a lady in the main photo but you see that guy in the bottom right? That's the actual scenario that you'd find this costume in. Trust me. There are too many sexy kitty, sexy police officer and sexy milkmaid costumes for we ladies to choose from for us to wear such an obviously demeaning costume.

Another guy costume:


That photo was censored by the costume store and not me. At this point, I don't think that showing you a man smiling in a penis costume could shock you.


But these might.


Did you notice that a lot of the above costumes are modeled by the same guy? He must have some modeling agent, huh?

Did you know that I sat at my computer and created the above mosaic by putting those photos in one by one by one for y'all?  Blogging is hard work! I wonder if I'll ever be a famous blogger like that Pioneer Woman?



Eh. Probably not.



 What about you buckaroos? What are you Halloween-ing in this year? What's the craziest costume that you've ever seen?

Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha







18 comments:

Unknown said...

What no comments yet? Well I have a comment. THANK YOU for that. There are images here I may NEVER get out of my head. Your work with the mosaic was most amazing and dedicated. I didn't click through on any of the links in fear it would actually take me to the costumes. Seriously. Oh. My.

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

oh my god that sexy dog costume! that might be craziest i've ever seen! that turkey is freaking me out too!
i'm going to be a bat, and travis is goign to wear a wolverine costume with built in muscles that we found at the pound store. it's really dumb/hilarious.

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

Like Rebecca, some of the above images may be burned into my brain forevermore.

The most inappropriate costumes for kids I've seen this season were Breaking Bad Walter White and Jesse outfits. Yeah, just what I want my grandkids to be for Halloween...meth dealers.

Jackie Jardine said...

Thanks for the laugh, Eartha. This post was a riot. I don't know...I guess that every year I get disturbed by the "sexy" character costumes...for kids. NOT appropriate at all!

I abandoned my typical scary costume this year and am going in the cute direction (well it might be slightly creepy in the end). I'm being a doll! It's gonna be a lot of fun.

<3 Jackie @ Let's go Thrifting!

Anonymous said...

I just had a Halloween party and went as Pee-Wee Herman. My sister and brother-in-law were hilarious as Peter Pan and Tinker Bell, grown up white trash versions who left Neverland. Check out the photos,

http://retrofashionismypassion.blogspot.com/2012/10/day-103-halloween-party-2012.html

BEESTLYproducts said...

i wasn't gonna dress up, but now im thinking "lady lifeguard with large amounts of pubic hair"? omg. why do these exist?

hey-moxie said...

I'm scarred for life!! LOL wow, who knew such creepy costumes existed. I threw up a little in my mouth looking at that wet tshirt one. I must be a prude! But thanks for sharing.

I don't dress up for halloween but I like it when others do!

MySpecialAgent said...

Wow... those are all just... gross. I went to New Orleans one year for Halloween and there was a girl walking around in a tutu, combat boots, and X-es made from electrical tape covering her "headlights".
Also, I didn't know you were a vegetarian. You're in good company!

Betty2Tone said...

I have a drag queen friend who is a special kind of drag queen that also has hairy legs,a hairy chest, and a big beard. He had a show this week and I dressed up as him, with a fake beard and two weeks of not shaving my legs.

Betty Crafter said...

Thanks for that. Now I'm off to bleach my eyeballs. Although, I am in FULL support of front-paw style costumes for dogs.

Mr. Tiny said...

Everyone at the Halloween parties I attend is far too square to wear costumes like the "Blow Me" tissue box, wet t-shirt, et al. - and thank goodness for that! Call me old-fashioned, but whatever happened to a sheet ghost and a clown? The sexy pets, on the other hand are hilarious.

Unknown said...

these are all amazing. the katy perry sexy chihuahua is a little questionable...but why not? I always question the costumes in the pervy dude section as well. Im sure that guy is super proud that those pics are in his modeling portfolio. Oh I get it, youre a snake charmer and your snake is a phallic. how charming!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Hahaha, I think we spent the last couple of days in a similar way! That roadkill one is truly hideous, although I did come across someone who'd dressed their baby as Hitler while I was researching my post.

Most of mine is animals looking like they want to rip out someone's throat. Whilst wearing a humourous outfit. Happy Halloween!
x

Dina@VintageAdvantage said...

Holy Cow, those are all terrifying. It was when I got to the child roadkill that I think my jaw actually hit the keyboard!
I think you're dead-on about the type of guy that would ware that fake wet t shirt costume...when he got home, he could put it right next to the "real girl" doll he ordered from Japan!
Seriously, the world is going to Hell in a handbasket, and there's an arm in it!! Yikes!!
This year, I'm hoping to go as Frida Kahlo, but I'm missing my last bit, which is a stuffed-animal monkey to sit on my shoulder. My hubby, as usual, is waiting until the last possible second to figure his out. He did float this idea to me: "a maxipad with wings" which would consist of a big white oval of felty fabric with angel-type wings attached on either side. Yup, I married him.

xox
www.VintageAdvantage.blogspot.com

xox
www.VintageAdvantage.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

The observation that the model in most of the offensive costumes is THE SAME GUY cracked me UP. Poor dude. Can you imagine what the rest of his portfolio looks like?

Also, turkey headed guy is like something from a late nineties' horror movie! Make good decisions, Halloweeners! :)

kaelah beauregarde said...

ohhh my goodness

Jacob said...

You don't have to be a vegetarian to be disturbed by Turkey Head Man....he now haunts my nightmares.

Man, it seems like Halloween must be Sex Offenders' favorite holiday....sheesh, so many disturbing penis based costumes

Serge said...

I think that what makes that turkey costume scary is those hollow holes for the eyes and the nose. Very, very scary.