Thursday, August 30, 2012

Audio Crush - Sallie Ford and The Sound Outside

 
SALLIE FORD - "Rock & Roll" from More Dust Than Digital on Vimeo.


I love her to pieces. She's super spunky and I love it when ladies get their growl on.  When I hear that song, I imagine myself riding an old fat tire bike around a small town and dinging the bike bell each time that the chorus kicks in. Singing along as my corduroy britches make that corduroy britches sound.

Do any of you ever picture songs this way? I have to have scenarios for my favorite songs. Did you see my mad awesome hairstyle in the aforementioned scenario? Yes, those are rainbow hair ribbons! Thanks for asking!

Sallie and the guys are currently doing a lot of U.S. tour dates and are hitting Nashville on September 12th if any of my local peeps want to go. And you can find their website here.

5 comments:

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

Ooo I'm interested! she is awesome!

Jackie Jardine said...

This is the cutest. I love sassy girls with a lo-fi garage sound. Thanks for sharing!

<3 Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!
http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

PS: If you're an audiophile, I wonder if you've ever listened to the Girls in the Garage LP series? They're just awesome. If you're ever able to get your hands on any of those sweet 60 vinyls, do it. They're rare. And they rock!

Kelly said...

You've blown my mind! That is a HOT track.

Rita said...

You find the coolest music. Thanks for sharing. And I'm guessing you're riding a bike with a banana seat, right?

Stacy @ Stacyverb said...

Holy moly, she reminds me so much of my friend Grace Braun and her band DQE (based here in Atlanta)! Great stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6_8xHqOODs