Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cirrus

My friend Katrina over at Eclectica Miami clued me in to this amazing video this morning. It's absolutely mesmerizing and I can not even imagine how long it took animator Cyriak Harris to do this. It was made as a music video for a British musician and DJ named Bonobo and he uses 20th Century video stock as building blocks to create this amazing world.

I recommend clicking on the corner of the video where it says "Vimeo" (or here) to make it larger - don't want to miss a thing in this one!



 
 
 
I dare you to watch it just one time. Ah-mazing.


Have a great weekend!

x's and o's,
Eartha

11 comments:

Asparagus Pea said...

Hey Eartha

You should check out some of Cyriak's other stuff - my stepson introduced me to his work. Not all of it is as 'Ranch Dressing' perfect as this one, but it's all pretty out there!

(Deep frozen) Asparagus Pea

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like I just ate some magic mushrooms!

cheshirecat666 said...

whoah,that was RAD,totally trippy and beautiful and amazing! LOVE! Thanks for the intro,never heard of this

Dina@VintageAdvantage said...

Amazing! It took me on a little journey...at first I was just enjoying all the cool retro images, then, the kaleidoscopic trippyness, then towards the end when the big storm-trooper feet started walking over the landscape it was like "ahhh! Political statement! Maybe?"
Love it!!

Unknown said...

Dutifully watched it and glad I did :)

Dana@Mid2Mod said...

That was one of the coolest things I've ever watched. Absolutely amazing. I'll have to watch it several more times, because I'm sure I'll see something new every time. Thanks for sharing it.

Rhubarbarians said...

This video is awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Trish

www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

SUZY8-TRACK said...

Groovy! Felt like I was trippin'!

Abi said...

Just Wow. I must share this with everyone.

jaymie said...

oh my! that girl jumping out of the dishwasher cracked me up.

letthemwin said...

Mr. G will love this, cant wait till he gets home.

Diane
Honey Stop The Car Vintage