Sunday, February 24, 2013

New Family Members


I couldn't resist buying this portrait when I saw it on Etsy. I'm a sucker for hand-tinted photos and this little girl is so adorable.



But then....it gets even better!

BILL!


And better still! 

JIMMY!



Those little scamps' faces are so great. And just equally as great are the boys' shirts complete with their names and wee little bears holding candy canes!  Sweeeeet! Their colored-on rosy cheeks make the whole photo even more adorably Good Ship Lollipop.

Unfortunately, I have no information on who these children are. From looking up the name of the photo studio that did the portrait, there is a good chance that they are from Rochester, New York.  Of course, I'm sure that there were and still are a bazillion Jimmys and Bills in New York so hello, needle in a haystack! You never know though - maybe they'll find this picture on the internet and will say "hello" one day - and more than likely assure us that they didn't wear this much blush in real life.

Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

10 comments:

Tami Von Zalez said...

I can't resist those retro family images either. I buy 35mm slides from the 50s and 60s and highlight them from time to time on my posts. Kinda makes you want to write a back-story to the photographs.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

oh my gosh they are too cute! i love how high little jimmy's pants are pulled up too! and bill's face!

E said...

Don't ya know this one had a special place at Gma's house E

Unknown said...

I just laughed so hard my boyfriend had to come over and inspect why I was laughing...and then he stared laughing hysterically. I love Jimmy's creepy stare and hiked up pants. FANTASTIC

DearHelenHartman said...

The look on her face says: Billy and Jimmy are holding me back.

Mr. Tiny said...

Oh man, the next wacky tacky t-shirts are going to be personalized teddy bear/candy cane creations. I love this photo!

Anonymous said...

Jimmy's pants are just killing me! Do little girls wear hand-smocked dresses anymore? Wasn't there a brand called Polly Flinders or something like that? I have some pictures of myself in those type of dresses from the early-mid 70's. By the time I had my own daughter, those dresses didn't really seem to be around anymore but I love them!

Anonymous said...

this is incredible/

SUZY8-TRACK said...

Oh wow! What an awesome find! I would just hang it up and make up stories about who they are to anyone who asks! Fun stuff!

Jacob said...

I'd like to believe that Bill and Jimmy grew up to be a wrestling tag team