Sunday, July 18, 2010

And What Goes Great With Ranch Dressing?

That's right!

Lettuce!




For your Sunday, I bring you Miss Lapin, the glamorous lettuce fan dancer!

She's from the recipe book entitled "Quick Dishes for the Woman In A Hurry" which was put out by Shop-Rite Super Markets and is dated 1954.

There are quite a few great illustrations in this cookbook and I think that I'll reserve them for Sunday posts. So stay tuned for "Shop-Rite Sundays". Next time, I will show you two saucy frankfurters pitching woo in the park!

7 comments:

Sara In AZ said...

A rabbit as a burlesque dancer - LOVE IT!!! This is great Eartha!

Vix said...

That rabbit is just the best! What a great blog.

Eartha Kitsch said...

Thanks, Sara! When I saw that rabbit, I just about swallowed my own tongue. C-razy rabbit!

Vintage Vixen: Isn't she awesome? She's giving it all she's got, that rabbit! :) And thanks! Please come back by to see me!

Straight Talking Mama! said...

They just don't make em like they used to ;o)

Eartha Kitsch said...

That's for sure! :)

Theresa Thompson said...

Hope you have a wonderful time with your mom.

Eartha Kitsch said...

Thanks Theresa! We had a blast! It's sad that she's gone now.