Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Drumroll, please!

Today, I put all of the contest entries together and a winner was drawn. Here's how it went!

I love it when everyone's animal friends get involved in drawings so I notified my trusty sidekick, Pip that she would be in charge of drawing the name. Feeling the pressure of the spotlight (and remembering how close she came to being part of the prize package), she immediately went into hair and makeup and meditated for a moment.


Okay, SEVERAL moments. That cat went into the zone!


Her wits gathered, she then took charge of the task at hand. She reached in and drew out a name!



After she chased the name around the room and under the doormat , I was able to get control of the situation and properly reveal the winner!



Yay, Millie Motts! You are the winner of our first annual Ranch Dressing drawing! I hope that you like your prizes. Pip sends her regards and says, "You're welcome. Don't mention it."

Thanks to everyone who entered and to those of you who shared your memories of eventful birthdays, anniversaries and moves! It was fun reading them! And stay tuned...I LOVE contests so I am certain that there will be more in the future!

Until next time..
x's and o's,
Eartha

12 comments:

Sara In AZ said...

Good job Pip! Congrats Millie Motts, you won some peeeertyyyy cool stuff!!!

Unknown said...

HA!! I Love the pic of your cat, she really does look like she is zoning out big time!!:)
Congrats Millie!!

Eartha Kitsch said...

Sara: Pip says thanks! She hopes that she will be given more responsibilities in the future. Such as writing a blog post. We'll see...

Kari: Thanks! She sometimes gets these big, round eyes that we call the "Pip is about to go postal" eyes. :)

an said...

OH Yes, there they are...THOSE are the eyes I was avoiding when loooking at possible adoptive kitten pictures.

Eartha Kitsch said...

YOU are a very, very smart woman Miss An! I remember seeing Pip in that Craigslist ad and seeing those eyes and thinking that she must be "very playful". Ha!

an said...

Little did you know. ; )

Winston will have to send you a thank you gift.

Eartha Kitsch said...

I know, right?!

I was thinking of sending Pip to your house for Summer camp.

ellyn said...

we call that "crazy eyes" or s&d -- as in, sniffer is going into seek and destroy mode. because it's the looks he gets right before he ambushes your feet as you're walking by or pounces on top of you like the hapless prey that you are.

congrats to millie!

Millie Motts said...

Thanks, ever so! What a treat to come up for air after a crazy few days at work and find that there is a big, beautiful world of fabulous prizes out there!

My word verification is "frayware" which I'm sure is Cat-speak for "Pip is absolutely the best"!

Jen said...

GOLLY, Pip has gotten BIG! And beautiful. What a lovely lady!

And congrats to Millie! Hurrah!

Oh, my, I just had another Waiting For Guffman flashback...

Sherrie said...

awww...dang! Congrats, Millie!

Pip! I thought we had a deal...

Eartha Kitsch said...

Ellyn: Ha! And that's exactly what we are too..."Hapless prey". May God have mercy on our souls...OR soles as it may be.

Millie Motts: Frayware! Ha! Pip appreciates your accolades of her raw talent. :)

Jen: Hee! And hasn't she. I remember you predicting that Pip was going to be huge and my gosh...you called it!

Sherrie: Pip said to tell you that she still loves you but that she didn't feel right favoring you in the end - even if you ARE the reason that we adopted her AND even if you sent her those great gifts.

Wow, she's an ungrateful sort, isn't she??