Tuesday, March 20, 2012

There She Blows!



Mister Kitsch just returned from a trip to New Orleans and he came up to me and said, "I brought you a surprise! Close your eyes!" I did and he put the above guy in my hands.

Me: Aww! I love it! Thanks!

Him: You're welcome. I thought you might like him.

Me: You drank an enormous alcoholic drink, didn't you?

Him: What? How did you know that?

Me: Oh, I've been around the block...let me tell you.

Him: It was really cool. The drink is called a "Shark Attack". There is a tiny mermaid in the drink and the waitress comes out with this guy full of Grenadine and when she puts it in the drink, it looks like blood. She yells "Shark Attack!"

Me: She knows that this is a whale though, right?

Him: What's that?

Me: It's not a shark. It's a whale. Does she know that?

Him: Um, I don't? know?

Me: If she were really thinking about it, she'd call it a "Whale Attack".

Him:
You know, yes. Yes, I imagine so.


It was then that I realized that I'm a big ole buzz-kill.


Until next time,
x's and o's,
Eartha

13 comments:

Cul-de-sac-ed said...

Did your husband keep the mermaid for himself?

Eartha Kitsch said...

I asked him about her. He said she was pretty tacky and not worth keeping. Still, the mind wonders what she was like.

What Remains Now said...

This is a very good combo shark/whale. Wonder if that was on purpose.

DearHelenHartman said...

Bwahahaha. Whale attack - that's what people cry as the run down the beach when I appear in my blue swimsuit. It's cute no matter what.

Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com said...

We've got the same style of bathroom tiles as you, but in seafoam and yellow. I'll have to post a photo! Our sink was similar too, until it gave up the ghost (after 55 years) and we had to replace it with a new one.

I've never heard of a Shark Attack, I'll have to keep my eyes open for 'em this summer at the beach!

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

hahah, that is awesome. we have a plastic whale that looks just like that! i think we got it at a yard sale, now whenever i see it i'll pretend it was used in the same way. actually, i've got some grenadine in my cabinet....maybe i'll make my own whale attack.

Lisa said...

MORE DRINKS WITH WHALE ATTACKS AND MERMAIDS, STAT! I love this exchange.

SUZY8-TRACK said...

Love your whale of a tale!...I know....pretty lame, but I couldn't resist.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

She was definitely one of those slutty mermaids who uses her hair instead of a clam shell bra. You know it.

Sara In AZ said...

I SOOOOOO need one of those drinks, even if it is a whale!

Mr. Tiny said...

You've won a major award!!! I am a Nigerian Prince, that understands the brilliance of your blog, but I need your help transferring your award to you. To collect your award, you must go to thewackytacky.blogspot.com. All of this is true -except the Nigerian Prince part!!!

Beta Mike said...

Ha!!!! Mr. got off cheap with the souvenir this trip! I think he can afford you the zoological clarification in this instance. But I'm so drawn to this little whale guy!

Unknown said...

I have drank one of those digusting drinks...and have a whale/shark to prove it